Banta-Carbona Irrigation District’s date of organization was February 24, 1921 to provide irrigation water to lands located a few miles southeast of Tracy and westerly of the San Joaquin River.
Our Water Source
Water is obtained from the San Joaquin River under an appropriation for 200 cubic feet per second (cfs) posted August 11, 1911, and purchased from River View Land and Water Company October 8, 1924.
The district purchased the works and properties of River View Land and Water Company on the San Joaquin River and assumed the existing water delivery contracts that served land outside of the district boundaries.
Crops grown within our service area include almonds, walnuts, cherries, grapes, olives, alfalfa, corn, tomatoes, beans and sunflowers.
Our original canal lift system was built in 1924-1926.